Mad Moose Baits

Made my own Ned Rig head mold (vulcanized)

Another source https://www.ottofrei.com/Castaldo-Econosil-Price-Per-Lb

they have whole line of castaldo mold making supplies.

Wonder where I can get a bigger frame than the standard 2 x 3 inches?  Thinking of making one using square aluminum tubing 2 x2 inches ... Also I have t-shirt press which supplies heat and pressure, not sure how well that would work.

Great video Mad Moose.

Edited by jcool3
add
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, jcool3 said:

Another source https://www.ottofrei.com/Castaldo-Econosil-Price-Per-Lb

they have whole line of castaldo mold making supplies.

Wonder where I can get a bigger frame than the standard 2 x 3 inches?  Thinking of making one using square aluminum tubing 2 x2 inches ... Also I have t-shirt press which supplies heat and pressure, not sure how well that would work.

Great video Mad Moose.

Have you been able to find other sizes? I found 2.5 x 3.75 x 1 HERE

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 9:50 AM, Mad Moose Baits said:

So I love to make YouTube videos and here is my latest and how I have started making vulcanized rubber molds. Yes, there are a couple of issues that are easy to fix (better master, proper hook size) but I am happy so for...

Ned Rig Mold

Good job on the mold. I'm glad someone used some of the info I posted. Let me know if u need any help. Rob

19 minutes ago, robbor said:

Good job on the mold. I'm glad someone used some of the info I posted. Let me know if u need any help. Rob

Actually didn't see yours! I had found a couple of videos where the guy makes pendants and went from there. 

Did find your post via search just now. Nifty jigs!

Great topic and video !   Instead of cutting a sprue afterwards a worm weight works great for a sprue shape . Drill a small hole in the master  jig  head just big enough for a short piece of spinnerbait arm wire . Put the wire in the hole you drilled and slide the worm weight onto the wire up against the master . Check alignment to make sure it's straight for a clean parting line .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jigmeister said:

Great topic and video !   Instead of cutting a sprue afterwards a worm weight works great for a sprue shape . Drill a small hole in the master  jig  head just big enough for a short piece of spinnerbait arm wire . Put the wire in the hole you drilled and slide the worm weight onto the wire up against the master . Check alignment to make sure it's straight for a clean parting line .

Awesome suggestion! I have started making cones from polymer clay but this is even easier.

14 hours ago, jigmeister said:

I do something similar. I use the sprue from some of my Do-it Molds.

• Like 1

You guys are awesome I’m just getting into the making my own molds game have a small soft plastics bait deal in my local area that’s doing really well and all my guys keep asking for stuff I can’t find molds for and I watched his vid on you tube and am hooked thanks so much and the the comment of useing a worm sinker with a spinner bait wire you guys are awesome again thanks I’m really glad I joined tackle underground