McCloud

Newbie Soft Plastic question

Good luck, I doubt you're going to find the components in small enough quantities cheap enough to make it worth doing. My understanding is it is quite a process and definitely not something I would have the room to undertake. 

If you're looking to cut costs look at buying larger quantities.

• Like 1

Just now, DaveMc1 said:

Good luck, I doubt you're going to find the components in small enough quantities cheap enough to make it worth doing. My understanding is it is quite a process and definitely not something I would have the room to undertake. 

If you're looking to cut costs look at buying larger quantities.

Thank you Sir! 

1 hour ago, Jig Man said:

I have some injectors from Bear,s they seem indestructible.  What is wrong with yours?

if all you have is an injector then you will have some expense getting set up.  Dave,s advice may be spot on.

I need to replace/adjust  Teflon piece in the front brass knuckle I guess, other than that I’m happy

Edited by McCloud

1 hour ago, Jig Man said:

I can’t really see to tell what you have.  It for sure doesn’t look anything like the stuff I have from Bear.

Well, I think Bear made revisions to their manifold. I also know that somehow they are affiliated with Ultramolds. So I can’t say exactly which model of Shooting star I have. I bought it back in 2011 I’m pretty sure. If the brass knuckle is too tight, then you round off those little tits on the injector...if it’s too loose, then it will leak huge amounts of plastic under the manifold piece. All in all, it still did the job for me.

• Like 1

You have the shooting star from Bear, where he added the manifold and injector from Ultra Molds to a set of presto pots and stirring setup. I have one of the first ones he sold here (hasn't been used in several years) and I'm not a big fan personally, never did like the presto pots. 

Get ahold of Rupert at Ultra Molds and he can get you the teflon o-ring

• Like 2