biggamefish

NNN agreement form business overseas

Yes, China has contracts, agreements, laws, and just like USA, has a whole money generating industry of lawyers, courts, solicitors to support the system. China is just like the USA, except they speak another language and are located on the other side of the planet.

Just like dealing with patent laws, if you intend to defend your rights, you best set aside some money for the purpose, because just like USA, lawyers do not work for free.

Dave

• Like 1

As some of you know, I design lures and paint schemes for Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro has many patents on some of the lures I designed. China has copied many of them and released them for sale. Its just not worth the money to fight them overseas. Here is a perfect example:  https://patents.google.com/patent/US8789308?oq=tim+hughes+segmented+fishing+lure 

There are many copies of this lure for sale on ebay and other places.

• Like 2

100% no way to guarantee that it wont get knocked off.... If you deal with a reputable manufacturer they will not sell it to others. But that is about as far as they will go. I have been dealing with China for the last 6 years. One company went and sold my molds to a couple other companies. 

• Sad 1

The manufacturer i found works with some of the big names here in the US and even some of the smaller garage builders guys like myself, I feel confident about it but I just want to have a protection of some sort like the Triple N agreement form before starting the mass production process with them, yes who knows what they can and will do but I’m at a point in my business that I need to take a step forward thanks!

• Like 1

The mold maker needs CAD data to create the mold. Either you provide the CAD model or he creates it from the sample that you provided. Once the mold maker has this data you are at his mercy. He doesn't need to make a mold to sell on, he could simply sell the CAD data or the NC driving data.

Hypothetically; if a mold company was snowed under with work or a more lucrative job came in, he might sub-contract your job to a second company, providing them with the electronic design. Once again, your design control is lost.

Strangely enough, it is not about providing the best, confidential service to the customer, it is about making money. This is not a racist comment, and not all Chinese are crooks out to rip you off, but it is ALL about the $$$ at the end of the day. If making that dollar means trampling your fragile business sensibilities, well too bad! This if the general Chinese psych, everyone who does business with Chinese companies know this fact, not just Americans.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman
  • Like 1