GraveDiggerBaits

Do it Beaver mold issues

Guys , I bought several Do it Beaver molds , I’m having issues when pouring , all the baits have little concave holes top and bottom, it’s my only mold(s) that do this. Any solutions ? Yes I know they’re cheap and none of my other molds do this , I like that bait so I bought some.....any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by GraveDiggerBaits

Make sure you're holding pressure on the injector for a bit when the mold is full, and be sure you're leaving plenty of hot plastic in the sprue. Molds for big baits like beavers and senkos tend to dimple if you don't do this. I also like to use a larger (6 oz) injector on these to ensure my plastic stays hot.

4 hours ago, GraveDiggerBaits said:

Thanks , I’ll try that today , I appreciate the reply.

also warm your molds before pouring and make sure you are keeping the injector port completely filled so the runner can draw in plastic as it cools.

everything i have learned says 99% of deformation issues are due to mold or plastic pouring temperature or injector port not being fully filled when done

I have 10 other molds that shoot fine, these molds are the only molds I have issues with , I was hoping it was something I was doing , but I’m leaning towards the molds.....I’ve played with the temps shooting , warming molds prior , everything I can think of , I believe I’m just going scratch these molds and move on.

16 hours ago, GraveDiggerBaits said:

I have 10 other molds that shoot fine, these molds are the only molds I have issues with , I was hoping it was something I was doing , but I’m leaning towards the molds.....I’ve played with the temps shooting , warming molds prior , everything I can think of , I believe I’m just going scratch these molds and move on.

call "do it" and send them the pics, maybe they will warranty replace them.

also if those are aluminum molds they sure are producing very dull baits regardless of the bubble issues, are those aluminum molds?

3 hours ago, keakar said:

call "do it" and send them the pics, maybe they will warranty replace them.

also if those are aluminum molds they sure are producing very dull baits regardless of the bubble issues, are those aluminum molds?

Keakar,

I think he has the Do-It Essentials molds, which are sand cast, instead of machined.  They all produce a rougher/sand finished bait.

• Like 1

They are do it molds , they do produce a duller bait indeed , not happy with that at all, my machined aluminum molds produce a much nicer finish, the only do it mold I’m ok with is the senko mold, I’ll just scratch these molds and move on to nice machined aluminums , I’ve wasted to much time dealing with these , lesson learned , I do appreciate all the help and answers to my issues guys , thank you !

• Like 1