Booney25

Injection mold machine

you gotta give more info then that

are you looking for doing production runs of dozens of different baits?

are you just doing a dozen for personal use?

are you looking to start a business selling lures?

what sort of budget do you have for getting a complete bait making setup?

go to youtube and watch the videos, then im sure you will have a better idea what you want and dont want

you can spend $2000 and get set up to run a business or just spend $500 and be able to make your own baits for you and your friends

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keakar said:

you gotta give more info then that

are you looking for doing production runs of dozens of different baits?

are you just doing a dozen for personal use?

are you looking to start a business selling lures?

what sort of budget do you have for getting a complete bait making setup?

go to youtube and watch the videos, then im sure you will have a better idea what you want and dont want

you can spend $2000 and get set up to run a business or just spend $500 and be able to make your own baits for you and your friends

I’m considering starting a business and would need a machine that will allow me to to produce (2-toned baits

I hope you are not thinking that there is really a machine that will make baits on it own. If you are rethink what you are getting into. Cause there is not one. If you want to make baits and sell them after packaging then you have a few options. You can get your self two presto pots and a Twinjector and go for it. Another option is the shooting star. Both will do two colors but you will have to work to make the baits. You will be the machine. Even the 60k ones need someone to watch it and remove runners when time allows. I have been making baits for years now and only have hand injectors. I do have one injection press but it is only one color. It’s not faster than my presto pots and Twinjector. There’s not much in the middle for shooting baits. Not sure what route you want to take. And how many baits you want to make. With the big machine you will need to do productions runs and get custom molds. There is a clean up that will have to be done when changing colors. The other two systems will use smaller and more readily available molds. As you can see there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before you can get an idea of a machine.  

• Like 3

I have been making lures for a few years now and I seen a video on YouTube, where a guy had a setup with 2 pots, twin injector, where he would extract the plastic from a center locking mechanism. This setup had a heater also for the injector. I believe this setup is called Shooting Star 2 Color Injector. Have you ever heard of this setup? If so, I’m looking for more information. If not, I’ll just have to keep on searching. 

8 hours ago, Frank said:

I hope you are not thinking that there is really a machine that will make baits on it own. If you are rethink what you are getting into. Cause there is not one. If you want to make baits and sell them after packaging then you have a few options. You can get your self two presto pots and a Twinjector and go for it. Another option is the shooting star. Both will do two colors but you will have to work to make the baits. You will be the machine. Even the 60k ones need someone to watch it and remove runners when time allows. I have been making baits for years now and only have hand injectors. I do have one injection press but it is only one color. It’s not faster than my presto pots and Twinjector. There’s not much in the middle for shooting baits. Not sure what route you want to take. And how many baits you want to make. With the big machine you will need to do productions runs and get custom molds. There is a clean up that will have to be done when changing colors. The other two systems will use smaller and more readily available molds. As you can see there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before you can get an idea of a machine.  

To be honest, sometimes the big production machine is more work then hand shooting. When you got to tear down and fix it etc, its real easy to waste a lot of materials quick as well trying to setup lams, firetails etc.. But you can produce numbers.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 7:50 AM, Baitjunkys said:

To be honest, sometimes the big production machine is more work then hand shooting. When you got to tear down and fix it etc, its real easy to waste a lot of materials quick as well trying to setup lams, firetails etc.. But you can produce numbers.

Not to mention that the molds for a machine like that are $6k plus!

• Like 1

I have a mini shooting star and am very satisfied with it. It holds plenty of plastic has motors with paddles that keep the plastic mixed, will keep the plastic at the temp u want to shoot at. It will shoot two colors. And you can shoot a small amount as a pint in each pot. So if you are setting up your colors, if u mess up a batch it won't be alot of money as if you mess up a couple of gallons. I have the extra injector heater it is worth the money. They also have different size tubes on their injector so if you want, like more on on bottom and less on top. These are supposed to do that. Cub48

• Like 1