JRammit

Least finicky airbrush?

This is the one I have.... some of the ads call it vintage (LOL)... it's the VL model... old but works.  It's a little bit more than the cheap chinese made ones... but not near the cost of a Iwata.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Paasche-VL-Airbrush-Set-in-Original-Box-No-16071/264467608310?epid=2164372332&hash=item3d937f72f6:g:etwAAOSwNx5df6iy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAASCHE-AIRBRUSH-SET-VL-FOR-CRAFTSMEN-HOBBYISTS-PASTRY-ARTIST-CERAMICISTS/303283783814?hash=item469d1f4886:g:g3kAAOSwB8xdXtdo

• Like 1

Cost isnt really a limitation,  more of a delay.... i just bought a boat last month,  so its kinda difficult to justify another purchase with the wife this soon....... especially seeing as how the airbrush i just destroyed was a gift from her

Edited by JRammit
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JRammit said:

Cost isnt really a limitation,  more of a delay.... i just bought a boat last month,  so its kinda difficult to justify another purchase with the wife this soon....... especially seeing as how the airbrush i just destroyed was a gift from her

Remember, a happy wife is a happy life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, this looks pretty sweet.... and it comes with multiple needle/nozzle sizes... says .25, .38 and .66... i like the idea of having different sized needles

Side note, i contacted Iwata today via email.. just an honest message/complaint.. didnt ask for anything from them.. but would be nice if they offered 

Screenshot_20190917-225613.jpg

There are plenty of pro shops using siphon feed Badger and Paasche brushes to finish baits.  I like a gravity feed Iwata because I use small amounts of paint as a hobby builder and it’s easier to clean between colors and after painting.  I still keep my Badger with its 3 tips in case I need to paint something larger than a crankbait with paint that’s thicker than I’d use on a bait. 

Btw, the Neo is the only Iwata built in China, not Japan.  You usually get only what you pay for in airbrushes, unfortunately.

Edited by BobP
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, mark poulson said:

You are one lucky person.  Quick, buy a lottery ticket! Hahaha

Im not that lucky... i have to find the thing before i can send it back... ive looked all over that corner without a trace... i even threw a few other things at that wall to see which way they bounce... that didn't help

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, JRammit said:

This isnt even what i ordered, but whatever, ill try it

I just turned it on out of the box and it has the same problem as my old one, constantly spraying air

Oh well.. guess id rather have a $16 piece of junk than a $100+ piece of junk

Maybe itll get me by until i can blow another $100

20190916_215917.jpg

what is mounted red thing attached to your airbrush?

7 hours ago, bigblue2 said:

what is mounted red thing attached to your airbrush?

It is the compressor.    I imagine the amazon page reads: Just plug it in and the user will get "amazing professional results".  Included are two adapters so you can fill an air mattress or clean your keyboard, toaster,  the possibilities are endless.   Act now for a limited time offer and receive the matching anodized ice blue model, just pay shipping.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Travis said:

It is the compressor.    I imagine the amazon page reads: Just plug it in and the user will get "amazing professional results".  Included are two adapters so you can fill an air mattress or clean your keyboard, toaster,  the possibilities are endless.   Act now for a limited time offer and receive the matching anodized ice blue model, just pay shipping.

Now that's funny!  You think it ships free with prime?

J.

I just turned it on out of the box and it has the same problem as my old one, constantly spraying air

20190916_215917.jpg

20190916_215917.jpg

can any one ID this so called air compressor hand held?

They are sold under various "brands".. Strnek.

They should be avoided.  The reported specks (guarantee reported higher than actual) are 17 psi and 6 L/min.   Of the two the 6L/min is what one needs to pay attention to.   The 6L/min is equivalent to 0.2 cfm.    They typical airbrush needs minimally around 0.3 cfm to properly atomize the paint and deliver the paint.  Gravity feed brushes are more likely to perform better at lower cfm than siphon feed since gravity is working with you.

Edited by Travis

I've been using the iwata neo for about 8 years. Createx and wicked color paint. I thin with  wicked w100 reducer around 30%. I run 30 psi for spraying base coat then down around 10 - 15 psi for detail. If using it for several days in a row I'll just flush it with cleaner between uses but pull needle ,wipe down and lube it for extended storage. Only takes a few minutes