mifon

Looking for #2 Gold Hildebrandt Colorado Blades

Once upon a time, I made a custom spinner bait, 3/16 oz, equipped with a #2 Gold Colorado blade. These were made for my own use and never sold. I found this blade on this bait to be very productive. Now, as I go to my "stash" of blades to make more baits, I find I'm down to just a few of these blades. After researching availability of these blades, I found that Yakima had bought the Hildebrandt company and only offer this blade in #3 and larger. So, I'm reaching out to you here on TU asking if you might have some of these blades that could be bought. Please let me know if you have some and how much you would want for them.

Thanks in advance,

Mike in TN

Smalljaw,

Thanks for your reply! I'll order some of Barlow's blades and weigh and measure to see how they compare to the Hildebrandt blades. I'm not sure why the Hilde blades produce so much better than any other blades. Sometimes the bass just prefer something vs another! I like to fish this #2 blade on a 3/16 oz spinner bait. It's very hard to find a spinner bait this size that will not be overpowered by the heavy blade. But, I found out years ago, this combo bounced off wood will drive a bass crazy (even better than most other spinner baits).  It's been a staple in my arsenal of baits for years and something that I can pick up and seemingly catch a fish anytime.

Smalljaw, I want to tell you I have been a fan of yours for years! I'm a subscriber to your YouTube channel and look forward to every new one. Thanks so much for the efforts and work you do to help others!!

Mike in TN

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mifon said:

Smalljaw,

Thanks for your reply! I'll order some of Barlow's blades and weigh and measure to see how they compare to the Hildebrandt blades. I'm not sure why the Hilde blades produce so much better than any other blades. Sometimes the bass just prefer something vs another! I like to fish this #2 blade on a 3/16 oz spinner bait. It's very hard to find a spinner bait this size that will not be overpowered by the heavy blade. But, I found out years ago, this combo bounced off wood will drive a bass crazy (even better than most other spinner baits).  It's been a staple in my arsenal of baits for years and something that I can pick up and seemingly catch a fish anytime.

Smalljaw, I want to tell you I have been a fan of yours for years! I'm a subscriber to your YouTube channel and look forward to every new one. Thanks so much for the efforts and work you do to help others!!

Mike in TN

Thank you for the compliment Mike, I know I spent a lot of money learning to make tackle before there was a TU. Now I try to help others so they may get more enjoyment and less frustration from this hobby. Hildebrandt blades are the benchmark because they used 24K gold plating that was also polished. The reason they probably don't make the size #2 Colorado anymore is probably because it isn't used much for bass fishing anymore and trout and panfish guys have moved on to different blade styles. In bass fishing circles anglers have moved to using heavier baits, not many throw the 1/4oz tandem bait with the #3.5 willow and #2 Colorado. I still make that very bait which is why I recommended the #2 gold Colorado from Barlow's,  it shouldn't overpower your bait and the plating is really high quality for a good price. 

• Like 1