Troutfishing303

2 inch Swimbait mold?

doit has a new 2" size in the cnc ripper, its not up on the store site yet, but i guess its available to order now (phone?) and its a 3 cavity.

they also have a 2.5" cnc version (2 cavity) available too, ill be getting that one for sure. i have the 3" cnc ripper and it shoots great, very hard to not get a perfect pour in that one, the ES series is a different story, but the ripper has a great action, hoping that carries over to the smaller ones as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canga~ said:

doit has a new 2" size in the cnc ripper, its not up on the store site yet, but i guess its available to order now (phone?) and its a 3 cavity.

they also have a 2.5" cnc version (2 cavity) available too, ill be getting that one for sure. i have the 3" cnc ripper and it shoots great, very hard to not get a perfect pour in that one, the ES series is a different story, but the ripper has a great action, hoping that carries over to the smaller ones as well!

@Canga~Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if the cnc version will have a shiny finish?  I'm guessing yes but I've heard some doit molds have a dull finish. 

23 hours ago, Troutfishing303 said:

Yup. That's it.

Or here is the 2". Great deal for a ten cavity that shoots perfect and performs well.

http://stores.jacobsbaits.com/paddle-tail-2-bait-mold-10-cavity/

Edited by MonteSS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Troutfishing303 said:

@Canga~ are you able to make laminates with your 3" ripper mold?  Do you use a plate or dual injector?

It is possible to get a laminate with a dual injector on the 3” but it’s not laid out for it, I was never able to master it, I stick with the ai hammer and little hammer for laminates, as well as a top inject similar to the easy shiner from basstackle (forget the model # off hand), but they are all over 2”

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, Troutfishing303 said:

Does anyone know of a good 2 inch swim bait injection mold?

So, I recently got a 3” swimbait mold from fat guys fishing (they have a website but this mold isn’t on it yet, contact them through Facebook) and it’s killer, great action, shoots perfect and not too bad on price, 10 cavity top inject was 189. They also make this in a 2” version that comes in 10 cavity as well, not sure the price on the 2” though.

Edited by Canga~
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Canga~ said:

So, I recently got a 3” swimbait mold from fat guys fishing (they have a website but this mold isn’t on it yet, contact them through Facebook) and it’s killer, great action, shoots perfect and not too bad on price, 10 cavity top inject was 189. They also make this in a 2” version that comes in 10 cavity as well, not sure the price on the 2” though.

That's awesome...do you by any chance have any pictures of the 3" baits? 

I ordered the regular (not “mini”) version of the rip Shad yesterday, I’m impressed with the first 2 molds I got from them (3” mini rip and 2.75” mayhem ned bug), took advantage of the Black Friday sale they have going at the moment and got the original, which is similar to the Doit ripper

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troutfishing303 said:

Do they have similar action?  Do you like the Fat Guys one better?

They are similar, lots of tail kick, not a whole lot of body roll but it’s a small bait so I expected that (threw it on a 1/8th jig). Tail moves great on a very slow retrieve and doesn’t blow out fishing faster 

i just got the mold a few days ago and have 33° water right now, so I haven’t used it other that a short test session. It looks great and I’m sure it will catch fish though.

Edited by Canga~
  • Like 1