Chance_Taker4

Dead On Plastix Help

So I just used Dead On for the first time tonight. It heated up fantastic and I noticed that it was as thin as water when i got it to the proper temp. I shot it in a BTS Mold wait 15mins and the sprue was still water. Waited another 10 it was thicker like a motor oil. Put the mold in the freezer for 15 minutes no change in consistency. Here we are 1 hour and 45 minutes after heating it up and shooting it and the plastic in the measuring cup and mold are still not firm. It's become too thick to shoot or pour but still so soft I cannot take it out of the mold without ruining the bait and if I tip the cup it will still run out.

Just now, Socal399 said:

Did u make sure to mix the plastic really well before heating it up? 

I shook it like I do with all the other plastisols I used. Do I need to stir this stuff?

24 minutes ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

I shook it like I do with all the other plastisols I used. Do I need to stir this stuff?

No usually a real good shake for about a minute does the trick. I usually shake mine really well and don’t have that problem. Did u heat it to 350 degrees 

12 minutes ago, Socal399 said:

No usually a real good shake for about a minute does the trick. I usually shake mine really well and don’t have that problem. Did u heat it to 350 degrees 

Yes it was heated it 365 degrees

18 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Is there hard pack at the bottom of the jug?  It is white, so it can be hard to see.

this ^^^^^

not all plastics are the same, some hard pack and you must dig up and get the sediments off the bottom and mixed in well

once you get it mixed well all you have to do is remix it regularly each day so it doesnt repack on you

Thank you everyone. I reached out to Dead On and they said the same thing and told me the best way to get it mixed up properly. I'm going to try tonight and see what happens.

• Like 2

Maybe every one does this but I always add 6-8 marbles to the bottle to help stir.

• Like 1