Soutx

Painting tails on soft plastics

How’s it going everybody...

im new to this and I’ve tried dipping tails and I use scent in the bags The dip drips off I guess that’s the best way I can describe it. Well the dip I use was some worm dip and I’ve saw and tried kwigglers dip and just isn’t bright in either chartreuse or white on dark colors

what do you guys use to dip your soft plastics tails permanently that is actually bright, not sticky, and looks good

Spike-It makes a garlic dip that works pretty well also.  It is pretty permanent, usually does not get sticky, etc., etc.  But, keakar is right about the best results coming from molding the different tail color.

The color you get from dipping depends on the color you are dipping over.  Dipping a white gives good results while dipping a black gives lousy results.  Molding always gives excellent color results.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, s1rGr1nG0 said:

I've also tried dipping but I just don't like the way it looks. So when I had my custom molds made I had separate molds made specifically for the tails. They look so much better and work great! 

IMG_E2148.JPG

IMG_E2170.JPG

SCT Bubblegum-Chartreuse Shrimp.jpg

SCT Pearl-Chartreuse Shrimp.jpg

Wow that morning dawn with the   Chartreuse paddle tail look wicked!!!!