Spoonplugger

Morning Dawn Again

I have searched everywhere for the recipe for Morning Dawn.  I see a lot of variations and none of them have exact measurements.  I don't care about the vein.  I just want to get the colors right.  Is there anyone that has put out such a recipe?  I want it as close to the Roboworm color as I can get.

I have done a bunch of experimenting trying to match colors . Instead of wasting plastic during this process I switched to using an ounce of vegetable oil to see how many drops of what color{s} it takes to achieve the result I was after. You then just multiply the amount  of drops by how many ounces of plastic you'll be pouring . I 've thrown out a bunch of colored oil in the process but it's a lot cheaper than plastisol . 

• Thanks 2

I use LureWorks Morning Dawn 160 to get the pink. Seems a lot easier than mixing colors to get one. Then my blue is a cobalt type blue. I cant you exactly what it is as the printing on the label washed off. I pour the dark colors first when making a laminate, then the light color so the hot plastic of the dark doesn't melt into the ighter color.

As far as exact recipe, I can't give you that. Not because of secrets, but because of the different additives I use. I may make some with hardener, some with more salt or glass beads.

Some guy helped me out one day, tournament guy. I told him I'd pour some not senkos for him. One color he requested was morning dawn. I made them to his specs, and when he got me he called me and told me they were perfect. He asked me to make more, and how much they would cost.

Told him .30 each, and that the more he ordered the more he's save because of postage. Never heard from him again.

Oh well guess he liked free better. But he also liked my Morning Dawn