joebaby

new to wire forming

Joe, we need more information than that. There are all kinds of inline spinners. Some with body’s. Some without. Vibrax, rooster tail, trout spinners with no bodies just a split shot above spinner to hold it down. Maybe post a pic to show us what you’re trying to duplicate or want. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Edited by Apdriver
  • Like 3

I used to fish the White some around Calico Rock and Sylamore. Jack Hinkles wife used to make a trout spinner that they sold at their trout dock that was just a wire, clevis, a few beads and an open loop on one end with a leader sleeve on the wire so you could put a hook on it. I think they sold those for  a buck fifty or so 30 years ago. You would lose ten of the dang things in a day fishing three people out of a boat and that was pretty good money back then for a fellow that didn’t make much. Bought a little bender from Jann’s and made a pile of those little spinners. 
  If I remember correctly, They used a # 4 Indiana blade on a #2 clevis with 5/16 beads. We would put a #6 or #4 gold Aberdeen hook on it and bait it with a worm or Salmon egg or both and drift down the river dragging that spinner around with just enough split shot on the line to hold it down toward the bottom. Caught a lot of stockers.

• Like 2