stein3411

Centrifugal Spin Cast Molds

1 hour ago, keakar said:

centrifugal spin cast molds are for pouring lead not plastics

The Ukrainian guys are selling the centrifuge and molds to bolt onto it. Makes 100% zero sense to do this in the grand scheme of things, simple hand injection can out produce it while maintaining the ability to shoot 2-3 colour laminates, any flake you want and salt. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cami said:

Perhaps is not possible to obtain classical "horizontal" laminates, but it is possible to obtain "vertical" ones (ex. tails with different colors) and vertical swirlings.

Bye

Cami

yes but bottom line is its easier, cheaper and 5x faster to do it with regular injection molds so unless you just like wasting money, buying a centrifugal spin mold setup is only worth it for large manufacturers making 100k baits a week

thats all we are trying to tell him

with enough time and practice you can do all the different tail laminates and probably do them as fast as with a regular injection mold, but there is still no way to do the top and bottom half laminates as far as i know

Edited by keakar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, keakar said:

yes but bottom line is its easier, cheaper and 5x faster to do it with regular injection molds so unless you just like wasting money, buying a centrifugal spin mold setup is only worth it for large manufacturers making 100k baits a week

thats all we are trying to tell him

No, I am saying it isn't even worth it for them. I have yet to see or hear of a large manufacturer using spincasting for soft plastics. They all either use vertical or horizontal injection machines. 

• Like 2

even large manufacturers this process would suck. Pie molds in general suck layed out round. I built a pie mold last fall, and laid it out square and got 60 cavities, were i could get 30 in round orientation. and it only takes 65-80 seconds to cycle were i don't have to spin, etc. Spin cast works in lead so well, because of its weight. and you can force it in tight spaces faster then it can cool. With a cooled mold and the same number of cavities he has in the video, Dave Mc could have shot 2x the baits with glitter and salt, laminated in the same time frame. 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, Baitjunkys said:

even large manufacturers this process would suck. Pie molds in general suck layed out round. I built a pie mold last fall, and laid it out square and got 60 cavities, were i could get 30 in round orientation. and it only takes 65-80 seconds to cycle were i don't have to spin, etc. Spin cast works in lead so well, because of its weight. and you can force it in tight spaces faster then it can cool. With a cooled mold and the same number of cavities he has in the video, Dave Mc could have shot 2x the baits with glitter and salt, laminated in the same time frame. 

Exactly