tablerocktackle

Double Weed Guards (V) source?

I like them myself and I purchased mine from Barlow's Tackle but they stopped carrying them. I don't think they sold well which is why they are hard to find. They perform extremely well, so well that I don't know why more people haven't used them. That maybe changing though, I saw a new product, it is a rubber band that you use the split a regular fiber guard into a "V" but I'd rather buy the guards.

I modify all my jig weed guards. I wrap the base of the guard with fly tying thread then split the weed guard in half and wrap it with figure eights making sure to keep the thread packed tightly to the base. Finish it with some head cement and your good to go. Takes some time and patience but the guard stays split into a nice v shape and if you wrap up the weed guard a little it will stiffen it up a bit. I don't mind spending the time during the winter doing stuff like this. When the jig falls over on its side it wont hang as easily. I hate loosing jigs and this helps some; not sure how much but any is worth it to me.

• Like 1