Tanel

Glassfiber to silicone mold

First hello to all bait makers!

I got question for making a hard master.

I have a pretty rare used silicone mold and want to duplicate it before it to used to pour more soft baits.

Will glassfiber ruin my silicone mold if I pour it for hard master? Soft bait for master does not work since I need do some changes in the bait.

All the best

Havnt done this personally,  but agree with Jig Man... the silicone mold is a "negative", use some type of resin to pour a "positive" then you can copy it to infinity with more silicone and make infinity "negative" molds from the resin master

Fiberglass resin without the fiber seems to me would be fine for the job... or one better, an Alumalite or comparable brand hard plastic resin would be less messy to work with and less likely to stick to the original mold

A long time ago when I first started I got some made from harder plastisol. The member just built a box around what he had and pour it for me. Cost penny’s to make and worked just fine. But if you do use a polyester(bonds) type product it will shrink a bit. Casting resins not so much. 

• Like 1