psilvers

Du-Bro EZ Twist Pro vs Hagen’s

I have a Hagen’s wire bender, but the Du-Bro EZ Twist Pro looks like it MIGHT be an improvement over the Hagen’s. Has anyone used the Du-Bro  EZ Twist Pro in either the basic model or the deluxe version?  I have been thinking about getting it, butt I don’t see any reviews, nor have I seen it mentioned on tackle making sites.

Thanks,

Pete

Thanks Smalljaw. Actually, there is a deluxe model - even pricier at $420 - that will do up to .050 wire. That actually leads me to another question - will it do .051 wire?

I have been thinking about this for a while, but work keeps getting in the way:) I am thinking about using this to make inserts for large jigs. 

Pete

Pete,

I have never had a Dubro wire bender, but a guy at our club had one and he said it worked OK. I don't know what that means, as I can't compare it to my Hagens. However I have to say my Hagens is 15 years old and it is as durable as it was when I bought it. If you decide to go with the purchase, let us know how you like it since you will have both. Maybe do a comparison report on your like and dislikes and post it here.

I have not tried to dubro Bender either.

I've been looking at them but they're too expensive for me to buy when I already have a Hagens Bender a twistech and I just bought a twistech magnum that will do .051 wire.

I do have the adapter for my Hagens to do . 051 wire.

The dubro Bender is pretty spendy for doing the same thing as a Hagens or a twistech.

the twistech Magnum that will do .051 wire cost me $120 plus shipping.

That's a heck of a lot less than the Dubro Bender.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input! I finally found some reviews on the Du-Bro Pro - there were a couple on Amazon - and they were not good. For now at least, I will stick with the Hagen's bender that I have. Heck, I have been so tied up with other stuff (work), that I really haven't had time in a while to do anything with tackle making! However, this was in the back of my mind.

Pete

• Like 1