JRammit

DIY belly weight/hook hanger mold

This has been on my to do list for a long time, finally got around to it and figured id share

Until now ive just used split shot sinkers as ballast weights, theyre surprisingly consistent in weight (down to a few hundredths of a gram), but got tired of my ballast and hook hangers fighting for hardware space 

Here i was trying to make 2 cavities each of the sizes i use the most, 1/16 oz and 1/8 oz... i got as close as i could using drill bits of the same diameter and the actual split shots themselves to set the stop nut on the drill press... i was off by a couple tenths of a gram on each size, but ill take it

The picture is pretty self explanatory... super glued a few nails with points cut off for keys, then started each hole with a brad point bit and finished the depth with standard bits (using split shots for measurement as mentioned).. hook hanger eye inserts drilled out with 5/32" brad point 

20191029_135255.jpg