dv616

Plastisol Weights before Additives.

My current project is to try and duplicate a senko (I have read the stuff here and have some glass beads to try) but I have not seen a lot of info on the weight of sinking plastics before additives.

So, here is what I have weighed so far (Angling A.I. coreshot stick worm mold).

MF Stretch Medium Firm, Dead on Black Finesse , and Dead On Black Swimsuit/Jerkbait all weigh 9.5 grams.

Has anyone weighed MF soft sinking plastic?  That is about the only one left I wanted to try, but if they all weigh about the same before additives, I do not need to try it.

My goal is to get the right action and weight without using salt (for color and durability reasons).  And to avoid rusty hooks as well.  

Next up I am going to weight the Dead on Feathers, MF Bounce (soft and medium), and MF super soft.  Might as well see if there are big differences there or not.  I would like to find out what plastic will give me closest to Z-man levels of floatation.  I used to use a lot of Zman ned rig stuff, but since I started pouring my own, I find that I like using stuff I made more than stuff I purchased.

I use sandblasting glass beads https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-LBS-Glass-Bead-Medium-Grit-MIL-SPEC-8-70-100-grit-Sand-Blasting-Abrasive-/111672165459?hash=item1a002e0453:g:VocAAOxydgZTKU6c to get more weight with my senkos, but I've found that they still need salt to get bit.

I've found that Kosher salt, with it's bigger crystals, affects the color much less.

I add my salt before I heat my raw plastic, because it will cool plastic if it's added afterward, and add my flake before I begin adding my colorant to the heated plastic, because flake will change the finished color.

Good luck.

That is the exact glass beads I ordered from links posted here (thank you).

Also, I just weighted Dead-On Finesse Feather soft plastic.  The Angling A.I. stick worm weighed 9.2 grams.  

I was expecting a much greater difference compared to the sinking plastics.