BCL

Beginner Painting Hard Baits

If you want to paint using and airbrush iwata makes really good air brushes and some are starter kits that come with a compressor as well. 

for paint I use createx airbrush colors or their wicked series, if you’re shooting under 30 psi like I am it’s good to get the createx reducer to add in and thin the paint a little. You can also use these with a paint brush for making eyes or doing more detailed work as well. 

The last thing really needed to get started is airbrush cleaner. It’s best to use the same brand as your airbrush gun. I clean in before using, in between colors, and after. This helps clear and break up any paint that may get trapped in the gun. 

• Like 1

When I started making my own baits a few months ago I had researched the process for months. I finally felt confident to just get all the stuff I needed and started doing it. I posted a personal webpage showing all that I got and lots of info about it. Along with that is a link to a series of six youtube videos detailing the process of making my first bait. Long winded but they contain the details that are generally missing from online sources. I'm making them out of wood from scratch but the painting stuff should be of assistance.

I hope it helps.