Troutfishing303

Spider grub or Hula grub mold

Hello,

Does anyone know of a company who can make a spider grub mold?  I know Do it molds has one but I don't really like their version.  Bass tackle used to have one but they discontinued it.  I asked Bass Tackle if they can make them but they just said they don't offer the design anymore.  I'm wondering why not?  Is it too hard to make or were their too many problems with it?  Their design was mediocre too.  Does anyone have a hula grub mold they want to part with?  I know I can make them by attaching a twin tail grub and skirt but that seems like a LOT of work.  I would really like an injection mold of the whole bait.  Thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, Jig Man said:

I’ve never seen one for the whole bait.  I just use a hot knife from Harbor Freight to weld the pieces together.

It's actually pretty ingenious...check it out:  https://store.do-itmolds.com/3-Skirted-Chub-Grub_p_162.html

http://www.basstackle.com/Twin_Tail_Skirt_Grub_Mold_3_p/twintailskirtgrub3inch.htm

Edited by Troutfishing303

btsmolds.com has a 4 cavity mold & a 2 cavity skirt mold with or without a center hole in the skirt. May be the best off the shelf  option at a pretty good  price. Baitjunkys.com or bob at cnc molds & stuff would be well worth checking out if you want a custom made to your specs.Josh at anglingai makes outstanding molds too.

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1