so i am designing a mix between a crank-bait and a spinner-bait i am calling it an inspin a lure that should in theory combine the flash of a spinner blade and the look of a crankbait by having a hole drilled right thru it and what i have determined to be a metal insert tube that has the spinner blade on a wire that runs through it what i need to know is what i am capable of using as that wire i found somewhere that piano wire may work but i cant find any info anywhere else other than on aircraft forums and i also need to know the best way to make the insert weather welding, brazing, or soldering 

i have inventor files if anyone needs them to better understand what i'm talking about

i should also say i'm sorry if i messed up the title i have never used a forum before and had no idea what to title it

Edited by budderromeo
adding info

I’m unclear about the need for a wire in a tube design.  If the wire needs to spin it needs to be hard tempered stainless straight wire.  The easiest solution is to order a package of straight wire forms from Mudhole or Jann’s Netcraft online tackle stores.  It’s sold for making online spinnerbaits and has one end formed into a hook hanger.  The stores also carry spinner blades and beads, etc.

• Like 1

I use stainless steel tig welding rod for wire in my crankbaits.  Any welding shop will carry this, and it can come in a range of sizes.  For my muskie lures I use .051" up to .062" I believe, but there are lots of different sizes.   They come in perfectly straight lengths, which is nice, and seem to hold up to abuse. Not sure if that answers your question exactly, but it is an option for wire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BobP said:

I’m unclear about the need for a wire in a tube design.  

i think a tube with a wire connected through the center would be the easiest way to hold the blade centered in the lure my design puts the blade inside the lure

i will post my cad file when i get back home later

Edited by budderromeo