basskat

Tomorrow is it!

Thats awesome!... im jealous

My neighbor is retired, he has 4 broken down boats rotting in his yard... i asked him why he isnt fishing every day and he had the nerve to tell me he got tired of fishing.... im not easily offended, but that comment ate a hole in my soul.... i work 70 hours a week and im lucky if i can fish once a month while this guy sits on a gold mine of leisure time and hasnt wet a line in years........... but, nobody ever said life is fair.... my time will come some day.... hope you thoroughly enjoy yours

Just hope it doesn’t happen to you too.  If I had an opportunity to fish on Saturday, I wouldn’t sleep from Wed to Saturday ........ be on the water before light and upset when the sun went down.  About 15 years ago, I began to lose my passion for fishing so I decided to build everything I fished with.  Well ....... I had a ball buying everything there is for building fishing rods and lures and learning how to build them.  Now I have about everything there is for building them but I still don’t have the passion back.  Don’t get me wrong,  I still catch good fish but I still don’t have my passion back and IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

The only time my passion for fishing wanes is when i pick up a new hobby.... like the summer before last i got interested in gardening, which was nice for two reasons, one always having fresh vegis around the house, and two finally a hobby i can share with the wife.... i didnt fish much that year, think i only went 3 times the whole year.... but at the end of this summer i finally got a real boat!.. so my mind is back on fishing non stop...... and if i ever do actually get tired of fishing, there is always another species to target to make it interesting again