LaPala

LC MS American Shad color - How?

Any idea how to do the Lucky Craft MS American Shad scale pattern?

(The best pic I can find of it is attached below. The 2004 catelog has it in the front page featured on the LivePointer 95MR; looks better there too.)

It's color #7270 in LC catelog; I haven't been able to find an actual one over here, anyone have one? The scale looks like cut holographic film individual scale stacked on one another and quite 3D.

PS: Don't tell me they cut & stick those individual scales!!?? :)

Oh, for the record/credit the pic is lifted off: http://www.luckycraft.co.jp/products/0310lvr/img/b36.jpg (If you guys are so inclined, other LC color patterns are there too, just substite the file name numbers from b01.jpg till b36.jpg)

One of the websites had the exact scales used by Lucky Craft for sale in a tape or adhesive form. I dont recall which it was, but I saw it a little less than a year ago. Do a search on luckycraft and do some surfing. They do sell this tape by itself. It was without a doubt American Shad.

I have two types of holographic films. One is from Janns netcraft. It has a scale pattern on it, but the spacing between scales is quite a bit more than on the LC baits....not sure how it would look.

Tap plastics also sells holograghic films in three different patterns. None of them look quite right, but might be usable. They also sell mirrored mylar that could be useful as foil.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=251&PHPSESSID=20041109152530312928092

:D You guys are sure the source for info.

The one woodsac posted sure looks the closest; but like he said, they're out of stock :( at least I have a lead to look for - "Lucky Craft magic scale"

I'll look at the posibilities of printing on holographic film. Maybe I can use my old dot-matrix printer as a cutter & punch it out. :twisted: I'll check around and see if I can find some holographic film over here. Buying from the states for me means mucho postage to pay & sometimes it exceeds the item itself :(

Hey guys, I got a Holographic sticker film produced by Yozuri & tried printing the scale pattern with my dot-matrix printer (the scale outline drawn with CorelDraw) but it didn't really work, ended-up cutting the individual scales by hand with an exacto (Didn't wan to waste it as it is expensive at US6.00 for a measly 2 X 8 inch strip) :( The holographic film was a little bit plasticky & didn't indent as much as when I tried it on Aluminium foil, grrr... back to square one.

Any idea if holographic films come in Aluminium foil like properties instead of the plasticky type? Or is there any alternative to holo films?