Musky Glenn

Blending block setting up quick

I am pouring four inch minnows in  single cavity  stone molds. Every thing seems to go nicely except by the time I pour the third mold the plastic in the blending block has set up. If i pour with one injector I can pour all four without any problem. It is just on the laminated colors that is giving me problems with the blending block. I am pouring at approx. 350 degrees. I am using Lure Craft medium blend plastic. How hot can I safely pour with out hurting the plastic? I try to pour fast between each mold but things cool way off between refills. Thanks for your help.

What do you mean cooling way off between refills? When you draw the plastic up in the injectors you should move on quickly to your molds and fill quickly. If you need to top off do it after they are all full. You could warm the block but you will still need to move quickly. 

• Like 1

When I say refills I mean, I make my pours with the amount of plastic in the injectors. Tear everything down, clean, put molds back together and reload the injectors. That is what I refer to as between refills. Not the time between each mold. Between the second and third mold is when it is setting up in the blending block. It is actually getting hard at the end of the second mold and these are just 4" minnow swim baits, small slinder baits. How hot can I safely heat the plastic. I'm using an infra red thermometer.