Les Young

Thinking about trading a 10 oz. basstackle injector for a 6 oz.

I have an almost new 10oz. basstackle injector that hasn't had more then a half a dozen shots put through it & thought about trying to trade for a 6 ozer &make a bracket to make two six ouncers (since i already have )into a dual injection system. Has anybody done this?  I could also sell the 10Oz. & buy another 6 ouncer too. Any suggestions that anybody can think of that may work better? Thanks

Besides the bracket you will also need a blending block, and a seperater to tie both handles together. There are some close tolerances in those items but it is doable. I doubt you save any money over buying a ready made set. If I had the ten ounce size I would use it more than the twin injectors. Good luck

I already have a blending block & have already tried it & it will work fine so I would just have to make the bracket & the separator & that won’t be any problem.? I actually have one of the cheap Ukrainian twin injectors  that  I use a lot which is why I thought about this.? If the Ukraine thing would work easy I’d just use it, but then again already having a 6 ounces & being able to double the amounts of laminates  I make at a time sounds good too. 

Edited by Les Young

16 hours ago, Les Young said:

I already have a blending block & have already tried it & it will work fine so I would just have to make the bracket & the separator & that won’t be any problem.? I actually have one of the cheap Ukrainian twin injectors  that  I use a lot which is why I thought about this.? If the Ukraine thing would work easy I’d just use it, but then again already having a 6 ounces & being able to double the amounts of laminates  I make at a time sounds good too. 

I think you're probably right.  At least for a hobby pourer like me,  I struggle to get all molds filled with my 6 oz injector before the plastic cools too much to shoot, so I'd never use more than half of the 10 oz, anyway.

I know there are warmers for injectors that would surely help with that, but I am just pouring sporadically, for myself and my buddies as our baits run out, and I'm too cheap to spend the money on something I'd only use once in a while.

Mark, don't get me wrong when i get to making up a bunch of baits i'll  definitely use the 10 Oz., but just thinking that this would be a good way to go when i make so many laminates too.  Just having to put it together when making laminates would be the only aggravating part, but no big deal either.  I just think i could have a dual injector cheaper & still use the 6 ouncers by themselves a lot to begin with.

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Les Young said:

Mark, don't get me wrong when i get to making up a bunch of baits i'll  definitely use the 10 Oz., but just thinking that this would be a good way to go when i make so many laminates too.  Just having to put it together when making laminates would be the only aggravating part, but no big deal either.  I just think i could have a dual injector cheaper & still use the 6 ouncers by themselves a lot to begin with.

I hope it works for you.  I've never used a dual injector, so I have no idea how aggravating using one would be, but I've seen the laminates that they make, and they are amazing!

Oh yes you can do some  nice effects for plastics for sure. I've made laminates in  tubes, brush hogs, super hogs, beavers, flukes, worms, senkos,  ned rig baits, swimbaits , craws & jig trailers  etc. & they work & look  great.  That's why the thought occured to me to possibly try it.

• Like 1

The 3 and 6oz injectors will both work the dual and triple injector brackets and blending blocks.  The 10oz injectors aren't "notched" to ensure they will sit evenly in the brackets.  However, I suspect they will work if care is taken to make sure they are aligned properly and securely clamped.

Just a heads up on this old thread but i ended up doing some trading with Frank & got a dual injector off of him that has two 6 ouncers & glad i did. I also like that fact that I can also take it apart if making single colors & with the other 6 ouncer i have can shoot 18 ounces at a time to pump out a bunch of lures pretty quick. :yay:

• Like 1