ZeroBaits

Building a new jig mold, any tips on production painting patterns?

I have a whole bunch of tungsten I need to paint and I’ll soon have another batch of lead jigs I need to paint after I finish machining the mold. 

what have you guys found the best way to paint perch stripes is? I was thinking of building some small stencils somehow and air brushing them using createx or one shot. Probably one shot since it’s my go to and will hold up to the oven. Anyone have experience baking createx? 

any advice I could get would be awesome. I got 5 colors I’d like to do 100 in each on 4 different jigs consistently. 

here’s a picture of the mold I’m building. 

89B3B015-54CF-4A59-A921-6B5A56015DA3.jpeg

Doesn’t cost anything but a little time to try it. I think the createx over powder paint then baked will give inadequate results and as the powder paint sets in the oven will wash out the Createx. If it doesn’t work, you could put a powder paint base coat on whatever color you choose. Go ahead and heat set it in your oven. Createx your accent perch stripes with the airbrush and heat set those with a heat gun. The third step would be to topcoat them with a clear like KBS which can be brush applied as its self leveling and will make your other colors pop. That’s a few steps but will give excellent results and a bang up jig.

• Thanks 1

I’m gonna try an oil base I’ve decided. Probably one shot since I’ve got a whole bunch of it somewhere. I wanna use the protec U.V. Clear over the top if I can. 

My plan is to build stencils by thermo forming something real thin like a straw or a similar material and cutting my stencils. 

I’ve been told about the eyes quite abit. I have a lot of createx around but I really don’t like the stuff. I think it absolutely sucks to work with.

Get yourself some CSI lure markers. They aren't really markers, they are valve operated paint sticks. They come with foam tips, a wide rounded tip, a fine tip and a couple of chisel shaped tips. Anyway, you put a tip in and you shake the marker up just like a rattle can of spray paint. After you shake the paint you push down on the tip which will open the valve and the paint will flow into the tip, it will take a minute for the tip to absorb enough paint to begin using. I use them for stripes and dots after powder coating and then I cure in the oven at 350 degrees and it seems to bake right into the powder without the color washing out and it holds up. They might be worth looking into and are easy to use.

• Like 2