Felder

Skip the Toaster Oven Powder Paint Cure & use epoxy/UV Resin Instead?

Is it possible to skip the "cure" bake when using powder paint and just epoxy/UV resin the jig heads instead? 

I'm using a fluid bed and most heads turn out well after the bake, but I'm seeing issues with others.  If the resin/epoxy dries just as hard... seems like a good option (and a time-saver if using a good UV resin).  I could also glue on the eyes prior to and epoxy/resin over them at the same time... two birds with 1 UV stone. 

Thoughts?   

Personally I prefer to cure my powder paint them just clear coat the eyes in the UV.

I'm using Alumi UV currently which cures in roughly the same time as a toaster oven cure.

But the UV takes longer to put on and I had to build a UV light box to do a bunch of jigs at once. So even more expense.

Check the price on the UV stuff. Mine was a bit pricey so I prefer not to use it unnecessarily.

Granted I make much larger jigs than most people.

But it shouldn't be that hard to get a good cure on your jigs in the toaster oven.

Just need to trouble shoot it a bit.

Yup, perhaps I will. Just called Pro-Tech, who said 275 was the min temp to get the cure chemical reaction... extending the time to about 30 min. May try that. The issues I’m seeing are deal-breakers but noticeable to the perfectionist :). 

Thanks for the feedback!