OIR

Uv eyes

I make my UV eyes by placing some holographic paper on heads of screws with a glue stick that are mounted in wood. I paint them, and put the pupil in with a qtip. Then I place a drop of uv resin on the top. A big drop will make a complete half ball. A small drop will make a thinner one. After a bit under a uv light their ready to use.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:36 PM, DGagner said:

I make my UV eyes by placing some holographic paper on heads of screws with a glue stick that are mounted in wood. I paint them, and put the pupil in with a qtip. Then I place a drop of uv resin on the top. A big drop will make a complete half ball. A small drop will make a thinner one. After a bit under a uv light their ready to use.

hi dgagner I just followed your instuctions on making uv  eyes for my crankbaits and it turned out perfect could not have thought it would be   so easy and quick! big blue 

6 minutes ago, bigblue2 said:

hi dgagner I just followed your instuctions on making uv  eyes for my crankbaits and it turned out perfect could not have thought it would be   so easy and quick! big blue 

Your success is the best compliment. Thanks and glad it's going to work for you. It's getting so that with the UV resin I can whip up a batch in no time at all now. Also... the main point is it's very, very satisfying. I just made some red ones for a sinister nait I just made. Video is here should you be interested. They eye part is in the middle'ish of the video.