Les Young

Injectors ?

How do the do-it injectors compare to the basstackles ?  I have both a  6 & 10 oz. basstackle injector & thought about possibly selling them or trying to do some trading on  a dual injector from do-it & maybe picking up another 6 Ozer.   to do single color shots with  too.   Thanks

Edited by Les Young

I definitely like the basstackle injectors. If i could sell or  do some trading on  the 10 ouncer for another 6 ouncer  i'd just make a bracket & make a dual setup out of two  basstackle  6 ouncers. I have one of the ukraine made dual injectors, but the injectors are kind of a pain  to use. The blending block works fine though so i could make another rod for the length needed for the 6 ouncers & open up  the holes in the straight  piece for the handle  & modify the clamping system or easily make another one  & be good to go that route instead.

I have a Do-it dual injector and I am not a fan. The gap between the 2 injectors is pretty small and makes it difficult to use larger pyrex cups. No locking pins is also a minor issue. If I had it to do all over again, i would have paid the extra $50 and went with a BassTackle Dual injector. Just my opinion though, others may feel different.

The Twinjector has been around for many years. The thought put into it is not just the two together. Making one and not thinking about simple things like pins to keep the tips on while using it is priceless. Being far enough apart to use big Pyrex cups or two presto pots makes it a no brainer. But if it is hard to get past the price then save a little longer and you will be money ahead for many years to come. I still have the first one ever made. 

• Like 3

Mine don't have the pins but I have only pushed the end off one time and it didn't fall into the plastic because the plastic , around the outside where I had dipped, held it together. I just applied to much pressure when emptying after making a pour. I found my tips fit a little tight so I filed a notch into the end of the tube so I could open them with a straight screw driver.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Musky Glenn said:

Mine don't have the pins but I have only pushed the end off one time and it didn't fall into the plastic because the plastic , around the outside where I had dipped, held it together. I just applied to much pressure when emptying after making a pour. I found my tips fit a little tight so I filed a notch into the end of the tube so I could open them with a straight screw driver.

I actually have set the bar at the top so I can't push the ends off. I have done that with my single injector before though. It sucks when it falls in the cup...lol

• Like 1