Felder

Gel Superglue that truly dries clear?

I’m using Gorilla Super Glue Gel (have also tried locktite gel)... seems like every other head turns out like this because the tiniest bit of gel squeezes out around the weedguard.

Is this just a case of “tough luck use less glue” or is there a super glue (gel or otherwise) that truly dries clear/leaves no hazy residue?545E4059-2B02-400D-8005-7733EBB6645B.thumb.jpeg.90d3eafb1efcb4c1bdc7c764a089a4f7.jpeg

Loctite Super Glue Gel and Gorilla Super Glue Gel both have  cyanoacrylates, like regular super glue. What is happening is the cyanoacrylates is causing the powder as it flashes off and dries. This has always been a problem, You can wash it off if it bothers you, however it does have a tendency to wick up the weedguard and leave a powdery substance there also.  Another way to avoid the powdery substance on these jigs, is to have a small fan blowing on the jigs as they dry. The moving air will keep the cyanoacrylates from settling on the jigs and drying.

BTW welcome to TU.

Edited by cadman

19 hours ago, cadman said:

Loctite Super Glue Gel and Gorilla Super Glue Gel both have  cyanoacrylates, like regular super glue. What is happening is the cyanoacrylates is causing the powder as it flashes off and dries. This has always been a problem, You can wash it off if it bothers you, however it does have a tendency to wick up the weedguard and leave a powdery substance there also.  Another way to avoid the powdery substance on these jigs, is to have a small fan blowing on the jigs as they dry. The moving air will keep the cyanoacrylates from settling on the jigs and drying.

BTW welcome to TU.

I use the accelerant with my med. Zap super glue, and it doesn't seem to get that white powdery stuff on it.

Edited by mark poulson
bad spelling

Ted,

I use Zap's Zip Kicker.  I bought the 8 oz refill bottle, and use a leftover piece of .051 sst wire, just long enough for the lid to screw on with the wire inside for storage, for my drip rod.

Ben Siegel (Rayburn Ben) turned me on to it.  He suggested it would let me use just a drop or two where I needed it, instead of wasting a lot by spraying it.  He was right again!   One drop usually does the trick.

Here's a link to it at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pacer-Technology-Zap-PT29-ZAP-Zip-Kicker-Refill-8-oz/148387039