BigFish1973

Paints

I've tried using createx paint for my crankbaits and I'm just not liking it at all. Heat set, takes to long to dry, too many coats to get the brightness I want. I'm thinking seriously about going back to taxidermy lacquers. Dries on the spot, color that just pops without multiple coats. The only bad is the fumes, but I have a stove hood in front of a window. I'm just still trying to decide what I want to do.

I've found that multiple thin coats of Createx, dried between coat with a hair dryer, really speeds up the painting process for me. 

I started out using solvent based paints (rattle cans) but the fumes were too much for me, even though I painted at the edge of my garage with the overhead door open.  

That's what drew me here to TU, and turned me on to water based airbrush paints.  But I've seen some baits painted with lacquers, and they are amazing.  The finishes look so deep, it seems like they are already in the water, so, if you can figure out a system with lacquers that works for you, I'll be very jealous!

Good luck.