Fitzbizzle

2 peace glide bait help

I'm having trouble with microballoon % with alumilite A&B, I'm using a digital scale. Is there a set % to use of microballoons ? Also does each half of the bait need to be weighted?  I made my first one with 2% MB. Shooting for suspend/slow sink, any help is greatly appreciated.

20200211_102157.jpg

Edited by Fitzbizzle

I my opinion there is no set % for pouring lures it is all about achieving the desired buoyancy/balance. The desired sink rate, how you do your ballast, the shape of the body, and weight of the hardware all play a roll

Once you have a recipe figured out you can repeat it for every pour 

Don’t know if your issue is balance, too much or not enough buoyancy or even the desired action you are going for. Without this information it’s hard to give advice 

Am I seeing a lip slot or is it just the pic?

Edited by Hillbilly voodoo

24 minutes ago, Fitzbizzle said:

I was making some 2 peice wakes and decided to make one a 2 peice glide. I'm looking for a glide bait action s on retrieve with darts with rod twitches.

Ok don’t know if you are going sinking, floating, or suspending or what is wrong with the action on the one you made or how it sits in the water

I have built one glide and it worked first try. It was a one piece slow sinking glide. I weighted it so on the fall it was slightly tail down, 

From my understanding with glides they should sit level or slightly tail down. Some also fix stability with fins

Mark is right about the horizontal fall, this makes a big difference at the hinge. If the rear section is significantly more buoyant, this will apply friction at the hinge and limit action. So, I would say yes, both need attention to ballast.

As for the MB mix, you really need to get involved with body density numbers. See my post on Archimedes dunk test for how to measure density, it is quite simple.

Knowing the density of your mix is like knowing the density of wood, it matters. Density knowledge puts you in control.

Keep lots of notes.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1