R Glover

Jawhorse mold clamp

I bought this Rockwell Jawhorse last week to try as a mold clamp. So far I have clamped 16 molds together, and this thing works great.

It has a foot pedal for tightening &  release.  No more clamping for me. I have spead up production & less work on my hands from using manual clamps. I ran a small exhaust hose above the clamp. It works ok, but I need to run a larger exhaust hose, at least a 6in.

Hope this helps some of you guys out.  

I found this on Amazon for 179.00

https://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RK9002-JawHorse-Sheetmaster-Workstation/dp/B005BTLXI8/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Rockwell+JawHorse&qid=1582808177&s=hi&sr=1-5

Jawhorse.jpg

• Thanks 1

That is cool.... I had been toying with making a pneumatic clamp - but this is probably more useful as I can use it for other things as well.  Thanks for sharing!

FYI - there is even a Harbor Freight version of this thing for 129 - granted 3/4 of the stuff you buy from there you regret 2 uses later - but might be worth a look considering with a 20% coupon your now talking about $105.

J.

Edited by SlowFISH

These clamps are available @ Lowes! The large size will clamp 5 injection molds together,eliminating flash and also provide a large handle to place the molds else where to set up and cool.

https://www.zoro.com/bessey-dbl-anvil-c-clamp-6-iron-light-1200-lb-dhcc-6/i/G4407322/feature-product?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkePyBRCEARIsAMy5Scs06Zugo9yvx9n3XqfKns0n-Or-_n_PrQveuqF43lRcz3h464z5cDsaAiwaEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

9 hours ago, SlowFISH said:

That is cool.... I had been toying with making a pneumatic clamp - but this is probably more useful as I can use it for other things as well.  Thanks for sharing!

FYI - there is even a Harbor Freight version of this thing for 129 - granted 3/4 of the stuff you buy from there you regret 2 uses later - but might be worth a look considering with a 20% coupon your now talking about $105.

J.

I was looking at building pneumatic clamps also. A good friend of mine is a cabinet maker and showed me his. I have used this one for around a week & I am very pleased with the results.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R Glover said:

I was looking at building pneumatic clamps also. A good friend of mine is a cabinet maker and showed me his. I have used this one for around a week & I am very pleased with the results.

Again, that looks ideal for multi-mold pours.  Good working height, good clamping pressure, adjustable, and very stable.  The last thing I want is a tippy mold while I'm pouring.  Right now, I use a woodworking vise clamped to the end of my pouring bench.  It works for me, because I only inject a couple of molds at a time, but your setup looks really good.