Hillbilly voodoo

Micro balloons

Been using alumilite’s micro balloons and they work fine but the quantity they are sold in is relatively small. I will be checking with my supplier to see if I can arrange something but the small containers add up in shipping cost. So looking at all possible options of other brands as well. 

what are others using for micro balloons?

The more lures I make the more I find myself seeking different supply options. Being in Canada with limited options and always having to ship means shopping around 

11 minutes ago, ravenlures said:

I buy the 5 gal container.

Wayne

So far I am not finding a source that advertises that quantity in Canada is the issue. Some places in Canada over charge for Alumilite products example I have seen 2 gal of resin being sold for $500(i pay $200). Will be checking if I can special order Monday but not always an option. Ordering directly from alumilite I get killed with duty and shipping 

So looking at all options and seeing what will work best 

Downsides of being in Canada limited ability, sometimes crazy prices or shipping, and to top it off we have we have the idiot Trudeau 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ravenlures said:

https://www.alumilite.com/microballoons.aspx    try this ??? shipping to canada

Wayne

When I first tried resin pouring I ordered a hard bait kit from there and the shipping/duty was insane Is my issue. if I remember I was billed around $ 100 shipping/duty on that order

If I can’t get larger quantity through the supplier I use here in Canada I will check but past experience the shipping/duty they charge is nuts

Hillbilly try looking for "industrial paint and plastics" they carry smooth-on and I have seen micro balloons at their Calgary store.

And as an FYI my Niece go her laser cutter I will get to play with it on the weekend and see if I can finally cut a clean lure lip.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aulrich said:

Hillbilly try looking for "industrial paint and plastics" they carry smooth-on and I have seen micro balloons at their Calgary store.

And as an FYI my Niece go her laser cutter I will get to play with it on the weekend and see if I can finally cut a clean lure lip.

Got my micro balloons sorted but will check out industrial paint and plastics to see if it’s more cost effective 

Let me know how the laser cutter works out. I went with the 3D printed templates and trimmer method I mentioned before. It works well but I am always looking for better options 

Now if only everything would hurry up and thaw out so I can go fishing/test some new lures