SMBLifter

Bladed Jig Blades

I personally don't see a difference other than it might run a little faster when you crank it because there is less water resistance. The holes are supposed to add bubbles when the bait is retrieved. Anyway, to me blades are blades as long as you get the same thickness and same profile it should be fine. However maybe a different style and or thickness might enhance fish catchability. Try it and see, they can't be that expensive to do a little trial and error.

4 hours ago, DaBehr said:

How could they "add bubbles" if they have no access to air underwater?

Just wondering!

Not to differ from others, but it can if you retrieve fast enough.  I doubt that most of us would retrieve a chatter style bait that fast, but....

https://www.google.com/search?q=cavitation+definition&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS859US859&oq=cavatitation&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l7.10722j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't know if cavitation is the reason for the holes, but I do know that water passing over a badly reamed copper pipe end will cause the chlorine dissolved in the water to precipitate out as a gas, and that gas will eat away at the copper pipe, eventually causing a leak.  That water isn't passing the badly reamed pipe at much speed, so maybe those holes in the blades do cause cavitation.

This is my personal, highly unscientific opinion, but, having fished both a lot, I find that the blades with bubble holes (we call them "turbo" blades) have a sharper, tighter hunt pattern than the non-bubble hole blades. I prefer the wider, slower hunt of the standard blades, but we sell lots of both.

• Like 1