fishalotfrank

plastic color

15 hours ago, fishalotfrank said:

talked to Tammy at Lurecraft,says she doesn't remember them carrying having that color,but,they are going to look into making it.After checking into it Bears use to carry brown grape.but, cant find any thing on them.

Probably was before Tammy's time........and my time, too, for that matter.  LOL.  I bought a box of molds and colors from an old guy who had a bunch of black grape.  I'm guessing he was pouring in the late 70's or so.  It was definitely Lure Craft, that I DO remember. 

• Like 1

I just started making plastic lures from a kit my wife got me, it came with plastic molds. I had just finished making about 12 lures, I read someone had said to put your lures in cold water to cure. the next day I checked and my black lures had changed to green or gray! any ideals why? thanks for any help.i was using lure craft material.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, harold64 said:

I read someone had said to put your lures in cold water to cure.

If I'm shooting a bunch of baits I'll throw them in the water straight out of the mold to cool them down, but every 15 minutes or so I take them all out of the water and lay them out to dry on a towel.  It makes it so you don't have to mess around with laying them straight right out of the mold when they're still really soft.

3 hours ago, bryanmc said:

If I'm shooting a bunch of baits I'll throw them in the water straight out of the mold to cool them down, but every 15 minutes or so I take them all out of the water and lay them out to dry on a towel.  It makes it so you don't have to mess around with laying them straight right out of the mold when they're still really soft.

+1 

On 3/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, harold64 said:

I just started making plastic lures from a kit my wife got me, it came with plastic molds. I had just finished making about 12 lures, I read someone had said to put your lures in cold water to cure. the next day I checked and my black lures had changed to green or gray! any ideals why? thanks for any help.i was using lure craft material.

only leave them in water for a few minutes.. 

• Like 1