Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am looking to reproduce a color that when you hold it in your hand it's brown,but,when you hold it up to a light it looks purple.I have seen this colorant somewhere just can't remember who carries it.Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day, Lure Craft called it Brown Grape.  Such a cool color, but it looks like it's discontinued.  You might give them a call and see if they have any around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also mix some Lureworks jelly apple red with some midnight blue to get the original MF Brown Grape. Jelly apple red with Emerald green will get you blue craw. The jelly apple red is the base color in most color changing colors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tiderunner said:

Doesn't Changeable Motor Oil do that?Looks brown, but then depending how you move it has either a green or purple iridescence to it.

My mind went to motor oil too, but that's a brown/green effect.  No purple in it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

talked to Tammy at Lurecraft,says she doesn't remember them carrying having that color,but,they are going to look into making it.After checking into it Bears use to carry brown grape.but, cant find any thing on them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MF produced brown Grape & if I'm not mistaken Bears got the colors from MF. Lureworks has chameleon but it's not as deep of purple as the original brown grape. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fishalotfrank said:

talked to Tammy at Lurecraft,says she doesn't remember them carrying having that color,but,they are going to look into making it.After checking into it Bears use to carry brown grape.but, cant find any thing on them.

Probably was before Tammy's time........and my time, too, for that matter.  LOL.  I bought a box of molds and colors from an old guy who had a bunch of black grape.  I'm guessing he was pouring in the late 70's or so.  It was definitely Lure Craft, that I DO remember. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started making plastic lures from a kit my wife got me, it came with plastic molds. I had just finished making about 12 lures, I read someone had said to put your lures in cold water to cure. the next day I checked and my black lures had changed to green or gray! any ideals why? thanks for any help.i was using lure craft material.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bait plastic is like a sponge so they will absorb water over time. Just take them out of the water & let them dry, the color will return.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, harold64 said:

 I read someone had said to put your lures in cold water to cure.

If I'm shooting a bunch of baits I'll throw them in the water straight out of the mold to cool them down, but every 15 minutes or so I take them all out of the water and lay them out to dry on a towel.  It makes it so you don't have to mess around with laying them straight right out of the mold when they're still really soft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bryanmc said:

If I'm shooting a bunch of baits I'll throw them in the water straight out of the mold to cool them down, but every 15 minutes or so I take them all out of the water and lay them out to dry on a towel.  It makes it so you don't have to mess around with laying them straight right out of the mold when they're still really soft.

+1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, harold64 said:

I just started making plastic lures from a kit my wife got me, it came with plastic molds. I had just finished making about 12 lures, I read someone had said to put your lures in cold water to cure. the next day I checked and my black lures had changed to green or gray! any ideals why? thanks for any help.i was using lure craft material.

only leave them in water for a few minutes.. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top