GENESO

newbie to fabrication and questions on carolina rig

Hello, after making some tiny (1/2")+hook worm rigs for trout I am interested in updating my lures from long ago. I am returning to fishing. Some of the things I remember were that the original Dardevle lure caught fish and the imitation from Herters did not! So, If I am going to spend some time creating lures for trout, Bass and Walleyes and panfish I want to create something that works. Obviously there are cheap materials for creating your own lures. There also must be really high quality suppliers of spinners, etc. What do you recommend?

On another topic. These Carolina rigs: I see these rigs setup for "clackers"- noise making pieces of brass, tungsten etc. When I was a kid I found out how noisy rocks could be when clicked together underwater. My wife has given me colorful jewelry stones that are polished and have smooth holes drilled in them. Rather than having a lead weight sliding up and own the line along with beads and "clackers", why not some of these stones which are colorful and whose weight will accomplish the same thing as the lead?

16 hours ago, GENESO said:

Hello Mark,

This bit of info is good to know since in the High desert ,rocky bottoms and shoreline exist in any lake here. How far is Antioch from Blythe CA, where I was born during WWII?

Gene So

Antioch (94531) is between San Francisco and Sacramento.  According to google, it's 575 miles and 9 hours driving time from Blythe.