haulinbass

Eagle Claw Liil' Nasty vs L570VP-Pro-V

19 hours ago, haulinbass said:

Tackle warehouse has 3 sizes 2/0-4/0. The way I found them was under the lure customization then jig hooks

Notice is says "Pro - V bend jig hook"  and not 570 pro-v. They are just the regular 500BP lil nasty as TW has had them since 2017. The 570 pro v was only announced at the 2019 ICAST show and even the description is the same as what is used for the 500BP lil nasty word for word. For some reason TW was calling that hook a pro v from the start but I believe it was due to Trokar having a model called a pro v so it just carried over. Go back and read the description, "designed with super fine wire" which wasn't used to descript the 570 pro v. The only thing I saw of the 570 pro v is the use in jig heads and jigs like the Jewel pee wee football jig. So far the plain hook hasn't been made for retail yet and as I said, TW had that hook before there was even mention of a 570 pro v.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haulinbass said:

Ok sorry for the confusion

You have nothing to be sorry for...LOL. TW causes confusion by listing that hook differently than other sources. I would also say it is part Eagle Claw, they might have sold those hooks to TW as the pro v model. When Eagle Claw retooled and introduced the new hooks they also had a new finish which was originally marketed as the "black pearl" series. Later on they changed it to the "black platinum" series which we all know as BP after the number. I'm beginning to wonder if Eagle Claw just decided there is no reason for another hook and just scrap the entire thing. BTW, there is a hook made by Mustad, the 32500 skipjack hook which is Mustad's version of the sickle hook. It is more of a hybrid between a round bend and a sickle as the angles aren't as sharp as Matzuo or Eagle Claw. The skipjack hook is a little heavier and stronger while the lil nasty is much sharper, pros and cons to each. 

• Like 1

Here they are from Eagle Claw's website. They say these don't have a curved point and will be offered in the laser sharp and Trokar models. Supposed to be available in July of 2019 they still aren't here, I'd like to see how different they are as well.    https://www.eagleclaw.com/l570vp-pro-v-jig-hook

Edited by smalljaw
  • Like 1