Weltzing

DIY Presto Pot/Mixer Build

Hello,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can find the Diy presto pot build with mixer? I've looked through a ton of pages on here from past topics with multiple people saying there was a diy post, but I have yet to find it.

Also, I want to wire the pot up to a PID controller and SSR, but I'm a bit confused with what most of the posts are saying on how to wire them up. Any leads to past posts with pictures of how these things are wired up would be great! Or, if you run this setup,  please let me know how you wired yours up! I'm looking to purchase the  TA8 PID from Ebay like one of the guys have posted previously and have had luck with it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Grant

If you plan on using a mixer you won't be able to extend the thermocouple down into the pot.   On mine, I built a bracket from leg to leg diagonally across the bottom of the pot and have the tip of the thermocouple contact the center of the pot (under a little tension).  I made a little divot with a drill dead center for the tip of the thermocouple to sit into.

image.png.ba7f7936a9c7898d077b63169a52ffb1.png

Edited by bryanmc