RPM

Swimbait Questions

Good morning I hope everyone is safe during this crazy time. I have a couple of questions and figured someone here might have the answers. I recently read an article about turning regular swimbaits into line thru. Pretty good article here it is: https://www.flwfishing.com/tips/2019-09-10-how-to-make-a-swimbait-a-line-thru

Couple of questions:

1. Which 4, 5, & 6" Swimbait molds that have a hook slot do you prefer, like or feel like would give best results for such a project? I've got a few swimbait molds but not many that have hook slot capability so I may have to buy a few new molds.

2. The brass tube the article refers to as the fattube? looks to me this should be an item we could outsource or buy from a supply house in bulk? any ideas on what it actually is?

I've recently started fishing swimbaits more, mostly as chatterbait or Jig Trailers but know alot of the FLW Guys on Ky. Lake prefer fishing the bigger, West Coast ( Ca. ) type swimbaits in recent years.

Anyway, Thanky you for taking time to read this and hoping someone here can steer me int he right direction. Have a great weeeknd.

Rich 

Edited by RPM