Bassbme

Scents

I did a lot of reading through old threads the past few days, and saw more than a few threads on scents. What I didn't see was much mention of adding the scent to the plastic? I bought some M-F coffee scent that I would like to have actually in the plastic. From what I've read, you can only add scents that are oil based, into plastic.  Can you add the M-F oil scents into your plastisol without it causing problems with the plastic? 

I also read that you add scent after you bring the plastisol up to temperature. Would this be fine to do with the M-F scents? It won't cause an eruption of plastic or any other unsafe condition, will it?

I'm also a big fan of Pro Cure's scents, specifically their super gels. While I wouldn't try and cook any of their super gels into plastisol, does anyone know if you can cook or add any of their bait sauces into plastisol. Specifically their crawfish bait sauce?

Any tips on what scents that I can use to actually add into the plastisol, and what kind of timing to add it would be greatly appreciated.

You won't have an issue adding MF scents into your plastic, same with Pro Cure or smelly jelly.   Generally when I pour, I get my plastic up to 350, then add colorant.  Once it's cooled to 325 - 330 or so I add the flake and scent and shoot. 

Edited by bryanmc
  • Like 1

Bryanmc, thank you very much for your response. It is very much appreciated, and exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

I'm assuming that different scents require different amounts for the same amount of plastic. My guess is a garlic scent isn't going to require as much as say, a coffee scent? Would that be a logical assumption?

bryanmc, that's what I was expecting you to say. Just curious? You said I won't have any issues with Pro Cure scents. I'm just curious if you have any experience with using their Bait Sauces? In particular their crawfish bait sauce? I can't find out if it's oil based or not.

I mentioned above that I am a big fan of their super gels. I use the straight crawfish super gel, and it has proven to me that, that stuff works. I haven't tried any of their bait sauces because I figure they won't stay on a bait as well as their gels. But if it's the same thing that's in their super gel, but in liquid form, I would love to have it in my tube baits.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, Bassbme said:

bryanmc, that's what I was expecting you to say. Just curious? You said I won't have any issues with Pro Cure scents. I'm just curious if you have any experience with using their Bait Sauces? In particular their crawfish bait sauce? I can't find out if it's oil based or not.

I mentioned above that I am a big fan of their super gels. I use the straight crawfish super gel, and it has proven to me that, that stuff works. I haven't tried any of their bait sauces because I figure they won't stay on a bait as well as their gels. But if it's the same thing that's in their super gel, but in liquid form, I would love to have it in my tube baits.

I have used a bunch of Pro Cure scents in the past.  Any of the bait "sauces" can be added directly to your plastic.  Crawfish was one I used often.  Anise and the Garlic-Craw were awesome as well. 

Les and alsworms, thank you for your responses. They are truly appreciated. Les, I used to use Bang crawfish. You're right, it does stink lol But not quite as bad as Pro Cure crawfish super gel.  lol

alsworms, that is great to read regarding the use of Pro Cure's bait sauces. I'm off to order some right now !!!

Again, thank you guys for your posts. I really do appreciate the help.

• Like 1