Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Legendary Lures

CSI: Lures

14 posts in this topic

A while back, someone posted several pictures of "Lure Autopsies". They sanded away half of some lures by laying them on their sides, on a bench sander, revealing the guts. Some interesting things to be seen.

Has anyone else done this and will you share some pictures?

You have probably seen this LaPala...inside of Hughes River Glider. I understand, however, that HR doesn't weight all of them in this manner. Many of his baits have only 2 or 3 weights in them.

Jed

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

hughesriverxray.jpg

1086_thumb.attach

muskietom...I am trying to figure out, does that tuffshad only have a weight at the hook eye? Why is the front eye screw so heavy looking? Does it have lead there too? Strange. I own a tough shad and it feels as tho the weight is at or very near the hook only. The phantoms feel about the same way when you hold them.

Jed

muskietom: Cool stuff man. :D Just curious, are those X-ray pics done on airport type X-ray machines or the medical type using negetive films? From the color I'd say the airport type; if so how do you get a hard copy; or you just photograph the monitor?

Just gave me an idea...

:idea: :twisted::twisted: Next time I go thru the airport, I'd know what to include in my hand carry :D:lol:

Thanks Tom.....assuming that is a tuffshad glide bait. And I agree with Skeeter, the x-rays are fun to look at!

Jed