Tiderunner

Leftovers

Got bored tonight and melted down all my mistakes , and experiments from the last 2 years or so. All colors mixed together. All types of glitter. Took all my leftover black stuff, melted that into one.

Black was easy...it stayed black.  The multi-color stuff came out a sort of a light clay? color. Or maybe clayish going towards grays? Gave me about a quart of plastic to melt into something else.

What new color or colors.would you guys make out of this color. And black doesn't count!

I still have a lot of used stuff leftover. I may end up melting that down too. Mir all my greens, oranges, fluorescent, etc into each family it belongs with and use it for something else.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, Jig Man said:

My mixes end up some shade of brown.  Depending on the shade of gray you might get a smoke by adding some white.

I have a TON of mistakes / old pours / stuff I bought and didn't use/like.... I use it for testing new molds and once a year I melt is all down in my presto and shoot a bunch stuff in the "brownish" color I get from it.... I'll add some colorant every now and then - but you'd need a ton to make it something that isn't the brown pumpkin color it is naturally.

J.

• Like 1

I keep all left over colors separated by color in left over folgers cans under my bench. If colorant is needed i can add it to lighten or darken the basic colors with. There are some off the wall colors & colors i personally don't use much that i let a buddys son use  to get whatever colors he wants if different than the  usual. I will add small amounts in sometimes if the flake  in the leftover  won't effect  the color i'm making to start with. I have thrown a bunch of left over that was from the bottom of the pyrex cups  away a few times. Don't think i will again though.

• Like 1

What a coincidence All the colors mixed together gave me a brick red color, not quite brown, but brick! Y'all jinxed me.

I just ordered some brown coloring, and between the brick color, and all the different color glitter I'll add some brown, and maybe Ill get something close to the berkley camo.

I also melted all my greens. Watermelon, baby bass, green pumpkin, etc. I got a really nice shade of green, almost emeralrd. And with all the different colored glitter in that, it almost looks like a Christmas tree. I may try to darken that just a bit, and pour some senkos, and wacky worms with it.

Of course if I tried to make that color on purpose it would have never happened!  I also throw away a bunch from the bottom of my pyrex cups. Most of it showing signs of too many reheats. Some colors I'll never use. And so on . The biggest experiment was morning dawn that I tried to make for someone. There's a color I'll never use.

When I start to pour I share some photos.

• Like 1