ddl

plastisol price(canadian) info about bait plastics

4 hours ago, ddl said:

is 215.98 canadian /5 gallon is good price ? and what is your appreciation for bait plastics brand ?

Dead on plastix sells their 5 gallon for 114. I just started this hobby so I do not have much experience to know what good quality vs bad quality is but some of the people I follow swear by this stuff so I use it and I like it. 

• Like 1

I didn't know about it at first, but i've used baitjunkys, lureworks & baitplastics & i just ordered another 5 gallon batch of baitplastics plastic. The only thing i don't like is the jug it comes in & would rather it have the regular old small gallon jug mouth. The bag in the box from lureworks is great too in my opinion.

• Like 2

Must be a Quebec thing,  I have had gotten 15 gallons over 2 shipments in the last couple of months, I am assuming that the manifests were at least given a digital inspection for general legalities and such. I did pay a stupid amount for the chance to get it over the border after all (it added 25% to the total bill this last time).

• Like 1

really strange , i think you are in part right. i can't find anything against liquid at canada post. the seller told me that ,i guess he was wrong. do u live in can?

Edited by ddl

7 minutes ago, ddl said:

really strange , i think you are in part right. i can't find anything against liquid at canada post. the seller told me that ,i guess he was wrong. do u live in can?

I am in Canada I regularly have resin, paint, and cleaner shipped to me

I also know I can have plastisol shipped because I have inquired on the cost from one supplier. 

• Like 1

Yes, Alberta

Mind you what Canada Post ships could be the issue, my cross border stuff was handled by UPS.

I did by some from Canadian Vendors I forget off hand how they were shipped , One place ended up being close to 100$/Gallon the other was more reasonable but it was the do-it plastic so mehl.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aulrich said:

Yes, Alberta

Mind you what Canada Post ships could be the issue, my cross border stuff was handled by UPS.

I did by some from Canadian Vendors I forget off hand how they were shipped , One place ended up being close to 100$/Gallon the other was more reasonable but it was the do-it plastic so mehl.

my goto shop  got ithe do-it at 65 per g .let me know if you want the contact. but like ive said  he told me that he can't ship it but since ive got all these messages from all of you ,i'll try to clear things whit him .

16 minutes ago, ddl said:

tks hillbilly. did you like alumisol ? ive seen mixed review about that brand

I am still in the research stage of plastics and have not taken the leap yet. From research some say they like it but it can be inconsistent. But I don’t have first hand experience 

I have only remelted some old plastics To try a few things so far. 

if you prefer to get the world  records of covid case and death .then yeah trudeau could appears like an pos . i hate him for millions of reasons but certainly not for the way he run the place right now. one of my family member almost died from that Chinese junk,maybe you would think differently if one of your family member would died from it .

7 hours ago, ddl said:

if you prefer to get the world  records of covid case and death .then yeah trudeau could appears like an pos . i hate him for millions of reasons but certainly not for the way he run the place right now. one of my family member almost died from that Chinese junk,maybe you would think differently if one of your family member would died from it .

Oh I hated him even before it was cool and long before Covid19 lol

Yes the volatile paints are still an issue, I have not tried to get any in a while. Regular pigments use to be the same, I think the issue was at the time was the packaging was not certified to survive going to altitude (or at least that was the excuse they gave).  When it comes to regulatory stuff   it's a moving target so it pays to ask the question every once in a while just in case the answer changes. Or at some point i'll just get the paint shipped to my sister in Iowa and have her bring it up when she comes to visit our folks. 

Alumilite plastisol is OK, i have been through a couple of gallons of the stuff, it did hold up well for big pike swimbaits ,  would have to try it again to do a proper Alumisol vs Dead on, my skills with plastic have improved a fair bit in the last months.

DDL what sort of baits are you making