capt mike

Airbrush issue

I think I have a trigger issue on my Iwata. When I push down, air does  not flow at all.

cleaned it thoroughly and tried another compressor. Same thing. Wondering if there is a fix or if someone has dealt with similar issues.

I recently soaked the brush in the createx  airbrush restorer. Wondering if I burnt an o ring.

When they work they're pretty nice. When they don't... ugh.

I've had situations like this. For some reason it just won't work all of a sudden, even if you've kept it clean. Then you take it all apart and use all the cleaners and cleaning tools and it still has issues.

I've found that I keep small wire brush wires in the drawer. The very tiny holes in the front end nozzle that nothing else will fit into if cleaned with one of those small wires often fixes a head scratcher issue.

Completely clean your gun, my advise is to put it in a jar of simple green, let it soak, then clean it till it's like new, otherwise it will not perform as needed. Best of luck, stay safe.

Rich

Edited by RPM

On 5/8/2020 at 8:29 PM, RPM said:

Completely clean your gun, my advise is to put it in a jar of simple green, let it soak, then clean it till it's like new, otherwise it will not perform as needed. Best of luck, stay safe.

Rich

I love simple green. Also, I've begun using blue windshield washer fluid (it doesn't have ammonia in it like windex) It seems to work as good as the airbrush cleaner you buy. It has alcohol, detergents, and water in it. Rumor has it that it won't hurt the chrome finish on the brush. I hope that's true. $2.99 for triple the amount of expensive airbrush cleaner that costs much, much more. Fingers crossed on this one.