Fern

Difference In Plastisol brands

Hi!

Is there a reference guide to the different brands of plastisol and what makes them better or worse.  I have only used dead on plastix but I have noticed that their are some brands that sell for 60 dollars a gallon vs the 30 that dead on plastix sells their for. What makes the 60 dollar plastisol better?

for those of you have tried several different brands of plastisol, What is your preference of plastisol and why?

also, Is there a plastisol that has a high gloss finish? I like dead on plastix finish but I feel that after a while of it sitting out it gets a very flat look and not as shiny as when it first comes out. I typically seal my baits with a thin layer of clear plastisol which kind of helps add a layer of sheen but I would like to know if there are other options instead of adding more layers of plastisol. 

2 hours ago, bryanmc said:

Plastisol is really a personal preference kind of thing.  You will find people tell you that (insert company here) is the best they ever used and (insert company here) is the worst they ever used. 

I agree 100%.

• Like 1