BirdJones

fluid bed problems

I have had the worst problems with my powder paint either staying packed and doing nothing in my fluid bed or as I turn the air up it just volcanos and continues to volcano. I've tried stirring it throughout the process and it helps for a second then the powder settles back down and packs or just volcanos out of control again all while stirring and trying to find the right air mix. I live in Florida and it is lil humid I know moisture can affect things but I keep it all put away when I'm not using it. 

Any help is appreciated its been frustrating.

I’m not sure if this will work on your four pot setup or not. After I got a bellyful of changing this media and that media for filters and each paint being different, I went searching for simple vibrator I could use on my fluid bed and found this one. It’s real cheap but does a great job of fluidizing every paint that I have. Once you vibrate and add air, everything just works so much better. Also, I only use one cheap filter and rarely change it. Several layers of newsprint. So all you do is remove the legs off this little unit and tie wrap it to your fluid bed. Has three levels of vibration and kicks pretty hard. Runs off AA batteries, IIRC. I have to put my fluid bed on a hand towel or rag to keep it from vibrating off my bench. I guarantee you this will cut down on your frustrations.

https://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Robotic-Cordless-Stirrer-Chocolate/dp/B08579GPLL/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=Pot+stirrer&qid=1589243221&sr=8-10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1