Shepherd

A common language...

I've noticed there are two types if people that make up the majority of members here. You got your 1) garage guys 2) scientific guys. That's what's cool about this site, you get Knowledge from people who are like-minded but their mind works in different ways. Garage guys, like myself, don't really know how to explain what we know that works.  it's more like a gut feeling or intuition. Although we know what works is backed by science like water dispersion, vortices, drag and so on. It's just not in my vocabulary to describe, or it's hard to describe exactly why and what I did. For example  give me an aluminum Coke can  and I can make  a functional lure out of it yet fail to explain why I bent  a certain part at a certain angle .Scientific guys are very fascinating to me, they have what they do down to a mathematical equation or a rational reason backed by an algorithmic equation or some mathematical reason for something to do what it does, and they can lay it all out numbers. I guess what I'm trying to get at for me personally I'll tell you the truth, as a garage guy sometimes I feel intimidated trying to jump in with scientific guys conversation. Now I'll be clear no way shape or form am I saying one of the two or better or are they trying to speak above one or the other it's just how we all are made up. At the end of the day the two types of people end up with the same result no matter how they got there. I would like to be able to communicate a little more with the diversity this site has to offer. I think that would greatly increase my knowledge overall. Does anyone have any suggestions any way to better communicate? Or am I the only one that even feels this way?

Edited by Shepherd
Better word choice

I was a garage guy myself, but felt I had a bit of a scientific mind as well.  No way I could keep up with the knowledge of many of these guys today, though.  It's unbelievable!

Yeah it's inspired me to try to at least least learn some of the fundamentals in which I can at least understand and Converse a little more. Like I said before the more knowledge I get it, especially on the scientific side will help me greatly in all aspects of each goal I want to accomplish. I welcome the challenge even though I'm just a redneck from Alabama and I can only count to 20 if my shoes are off

• Haha 1

My user name is what it is for a reason:lolhuh:

The amount of things I know how to do but can’t explain is huge. Hand me the supplies and a goal odds are I will put it together with minimal effort. I just understand how to make things move

But I have years of trial and error screw ups and I remember the results of each mistake. I remember what caused the problem and how I countered it. Stubborn problem solver really 

once I joined here and seen how the scientific guys go about things it definitely improved my knowledge and eliminated some trial and error in my builds

In the end it doesn’t matter how you get there as long as you are happy with the creation 

• Thanks 1

Like I said I don't believe one's better than the other if we can find a way to communicate from one another I think everybody could benefit from it. You said it perfectly at the end of the day we both have the same result usually.