Shepherd

Would you buy..?

Would like to know if, think consumer minded, would you like or dislike packs (for coloring purpose) in two different categories and multiple colors in each pack. Example: the two categories are: 1) day colors - watermelon, green pumpkin and pumpkinseed.  2) night colors - black, deep purples, and dark blues. * 6 baits per pack, containing 2 of each color mentioned above. Yalls thoughts would be appreciated.

I wouldn't personally, but some may. I usually buy a few of certain colors at a time when buying. That said since i started making my own i may buy a single pack of something that i really like the color of to try to match or atleast make the base color of & add glitter etc. to suit myself so i rarely buy anything nowadays.

Prior to me pouring no I would not have bought a mixed pack.  Several companies would do it from time to time or offer sample packs.  To me it seams gimmicky and is targeted towards a very specific demographic.  New getting into fishing.  

I wouldn't think about hitting the water without bags of the same color if fishing soft plastics. 

Well, im a 100% custom design and color soft plastic Co. And was just trying to get some more of my own colors out there. This is a hard industry to infiltrate. Figuring out new ways to attract people. My baits catch fish, sometimes it's hard to catch fisherman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shepherd said:

Figuring out new ways to attract people. My baits catch fish, sometimes it's hard to catch fisherman

. Lots of competition in the bait business for sure. I've had a few  try to get me to put baits in their stores & i don't.    I do  have  a couple ideas for when i retire in a few years though that i think will work & may try it then.

I thought about selling baits when I retired. Then retired and decided I didn't need another job. Some 20 years ago I supplied three bait shops with buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, lead etc and worked my tail off doing it. Took a lot of the fun out of something that I really enjoyed. Want make that mistake a second time.

Basskat, that is my biggest concern. Is to take the enjoyment out of something i love. Im pumping out a sizable amount through my Wholesale Distributor. And online sales are coming in quick. Its just me and a buddy of mine pullin on a shooting star by ultramolds. Right now it's fun we drink some beer and shoot some molds. But I've recently committed to resurrecting and old fishing bait company in which we were given their copyright and patent. And that will take a lot of time because I'll have to build sales teams and marketing squads because the old timers we're going to love it. We're going to introduce the Old lineup and a new lineup using the same Hardware. I believe it will become a job then. I'm 36 years old I was fortunate enough to have our insurance brokerage which was family-owned bought out. But the main reason I'm doing tackle is I want to leave my imprint or something that I love doing. But I hear it all the time that once it gets going good the good gets going out of it. And it becomes work